MaPaw Siberian Husky Rescue

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pity Cheeseburgers

Well, puppies, Jasper and I are still not the best of friends, but that only inspires me to help him get healthy so he can get out of my house. I have not shown him how to blog because everytime I try to have a conversation with him he says, "COUGH, COUGH, COUGH!" He also says cough at bedtime and when he wakes up. Have I mentioned I am not a morning puppy? I need my fuzzy beauty rest and Jasper is hacking away at 5:30 am. Sometimes he tries to play with one of us, but we generally ignore him because we know in a minute he will be coughing. Chena is still the only one who really has patience for him. She is a very patient puppy.



That reminds me, a few puppies commented that Chena and Jasper look alike.



That is just not true.



ChenaJasper
slightscrawny
curls in a Husky ball on the couchcurls in a Husky ball on the floor
brown-eyed

bi-eyed (one brown, one missing)


See? They are terribly different. Do not beat yourselves up about it, though, I am sure it was just a problem with your monitors.


Anyway, I commend Jasper on his ability to break Mama's will. Mama is very tough on not giving people food to puppies, even when the puppies are skinny like Jasper. She always says it is better to let them gain weight slowly through a helathy diet than shock their systems with junk food and teach them bad eating habits. She tried that with Jasper but he just kept on coughing and everytime he coughed Mama got this painful look on her face like she felt guilty that she could not make him better faster. So, Mama finally broke down and gave the green light to give Jasper cheeseburgers so he can gain enough weight to begin his heartworm treatment. Now Jasper gets a cheesburger and puppy kibble mixture at every meal. What do I get? Diet kibble. This arrangement does not improve my relationship with Jasper. I mean, I cannot blame the puppy for using his pathos to his advantage, but I am still quite jealous that he is getting treats while I am getting healthy stuff. I tried to look pathetic too and I even puked on the livingroom rug. Did that get me cheesburger? No. That got me tossed out in the yard a few minutes while Mama and Papa "cleaned it up," which I was pretty sure was code for "gave all our love and attention to Jasper." Bailey said he was inside the whole time and nothing like that happened, but I think he was sleeping instead of watching them.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Army of Four said...

Ha roo! Hey, what's inside that bin you're pawing at? A secret stash of cheeseburgers? I think you should have some, too. It's only fair. You should take a vote!
Play bows,
Zim

3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Althea said...

Hey Magnum,

That sure doesn't seem fair that Jasper gets cheeseburgers and you don't. In my house, if one of us gets something special, the other one gets some too. When I was sick the other week and was getting ground beef and cottage cheese, my doofus brother Lares got to have some too. Your Mom really should play favorites like that. To make up for it, tell her you want a bacon cheeseburger.
Later,
Althea

4:37:00 PM  
Blogger IndyPindy said...

Aw, poor Magnum! Of course you should have cheeseburgers too! Hey...can you send me one? Oh, gotta go...mom's coming to make sure I'm eating my breakfast!

6:44:00 AM  
Blogger MaPaw said...

Ao4, Jasper is pawing at the kibble bin, as if he did not already have enough to eat.

Althea, a bacon cheeseburger sounds delicious. That would make up for a lot.

Indy, I will definitely send one to each of my blogger friends if I ever get any.

6:41:00 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Oh yea, you definitely should have gotten a cheeseburger too. Maybe next time you should yack on the furniture!

Thrawn from The Brat Pack

8:18:00 PM  
Blogger One Little Birdie said...

Shiloh here: have you tried what my mommy calls "the Paul Newman Syndrom?" Use those baby blues to melt their hearts. Add a ever so slight head tilt for pathetic drama. Maybe even add a tentative paw up, as if asking in a weak cockney accent "please, miss, may I have some more?" Works all the time as I work the room at doggie school!

9:35:00 AM  
Blogger MaPaw said...

Thrawn & Denise, excellent suggestions, I will try those soon.

9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home